1 from 30 - beach, campfire, wharf
2 from 30 - beach, campfire, wharf
3 from 30 - patio shelters
4 from 30 - patio, BBQ
5 from 30 - patio, BBQ
6 from 30 - cottage facing the side
7 from 30 - front cottage
8 from 30 - back cottage
9 from 30 - owner's trailer
10 from 30 - quay, boat ramp
11 from 30 - Sun rise (neighbor's dock)
12 from 30 - Sun rise on the lake early spring
13 from 30 - living room-kitchen with beach view
14 from 30 - living room-kitchen
15 from 30 - living room (1 large sofa bed)
16 from 30 - kitchen with beach view
17 from 30 - kitchen
18 from 30 - large (queen) sized bed room
19 from 30 - corridor
20 from 30 - bedroom with double bed and single bunk bed
21 from 30 - bathroom
22 from 30 - bathroom
23 from 30 - laundry room
24 from 30 - Zoo sauvage St-Félicien itinerary
25 from 30 - Moulin des pionners La Doré itinerary
26 from 30 - Historic village Val-Jalbert itinerary
27 from 30 - Mashteuiatsh Amerindian Museum itinerary
28 from 30 - Louis-Hémon and Maria-Chapdelaine Museum itinerary
29 from 30 - region and tourist attractions
30 from 30 - region map
Cottage on Lake Saint-Jean shore
6 person maximum, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom.
SPECIAL JUNE (fishermen) $1000/wk (until about June 20, then different rates)
Fully equipped cottage on large sandy beach of Lac St-Jean. (Lake St. John)
According to the Covid-19 conditions in force:
For maximum 6 people. 2 bedrooms, bedding and towels provided. Air-conditioning & heating (thermopump, electric baseboard units, oil-burning fireplace).
Located at 1336 Chemin Girard, at the end of Chemin de la Pointe in the St-Méthode sector, 14 km from the city of Saint-Félicien. Cottage of 7 x 9 meters, 2 bedrooms, fully furnished and equipped, bedding and towels provided. Food and basic products are provided. Air conditioned and heated (heat pump, electric baseboards, oil fireplace). Internet wifi
Beautiful sandy beach with slow descent. Dock. Launching for your boat. Pedal boat, wakeboard, dinghy, deck chairs, benches, tables, patio...
Strictly NO smoking inside. Pets accepted under certain conditions and possible supplements, mandatory prior agreements. Sublets prohibited.
- Large window overlooking the lake.
- Table for 6 people.
- Gas stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker (filter), coffee grinder, small food processor, mixer, tea pot, fondue pot, wok, pans, pots.
- Dishes, glasses, plastic containers, various utensils.
- Tablecloths, placemats, dish clothes.
- Soaps, tissues/hygiene/towels, and cleaning products.
- Perfectly drinkable tap (city) water.
- Food/condiments for troubleshooting or a regular use: coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, sauce soya, oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate, vanilla, vinegar... If you plan to make of a lot of use or for the preparation of specific foods (ex.: oil for fries or mayo for fondue sauce), stock up or replace them.
- Patio doors overloooking the lake.
- Sofa and sofa bed with provided bedding linen.
- Tv and Internet service wireless (satellite), DVD player, stereo (cassette, radio, cd).
- Oil-burning fireplace
- Bath-shower, sink, toilet,
- Cabinet: bath mats, towels and washcloths, soap, shampoo, hair dryer, beach towels, first aid care, toilet paper and tissue.
- Washer and dryer, cord retractable clothes, clothing hooks. Bedding for the living room sofa bed.
- Cabinet: detergent, fabric softener, candles, light bulbs, batteries.
- Cupboard: hanging coats, central vacuum cleaner, iron, cleaning products, extra paper towels, broom and mop.
- Fire Extinguisher and smoke and carbon monoxide detector.
- 1 bedroom with a large (queen) bed, dresser, tables and bedside lamps, wardrobe, with provided bedding linen, spare and cover.
- 1 bed room with a double bed and a simple bunk bed, cabinet, with provided bedding linen, spare and cover.
- Mattresses, pillows and comforters are covered with slipcovers washed before each rental.
- Very large patio facing the lake, with table and chairs, swing with table.
- Stove BBQ, supplied propane.
- Space “campfire” with chairs, wood provided
- Space under shelter 20 'X 20' (6m x 6 m) with table and chairs
- Rope and clothe pins.
- Parking, outdoor light motion detector.
- Trailer on land behind the cottage reserved for the owner, with its own exclusive access (10 of 30m) to the beach and boat launching.
- Wide range (66 feet's width) sand of the Lac St-Jean, gentle slope, in front of the cottage.
- Boat launching facilities at the cottage, if the water level of the lake allows. If not in a marina in the areas.
- + 33 other feet of beach (south side) reserved for the owner to the rear trailer and occasional boat water).
- Pedal boat, plank, rubber dinghy.
- Beach chairs and towels provided.
- Safe swimming beach since the lake is on a very gentle slope, but children under your supervision
- 1 queen size bed
- 1 double bed
Cottage and land
- Animals allowed with restrictions
- Smokers not allowed
- Property dimensions: Lake in front (31 feets) of the cottage. Sand beach 63 feets wide
Last updated: September 8, 2021
Activities and events in the area
Near this cottage
- Body of water: Lac Saint-Jean (À 50 pieds/15 mètres)
- Golf course: Club de golf Saint-Prime
- Ski Hill: Tobo-Ski à Saint-Félicien
Here are the nearby attractions: (According to the Covid-19 conditions in force)
Autodrome / karting centre
- Plage municipale de Saint-Prime
- Camping Plage Robertson
- Plage de la Pointe Scott
Farm / agricultural producer
- Ferme Nelson Paradis
- Verger CamNord
- Bleuetière touristique de Dolbeau-Mistassini
Festival / special event (cancelled for 2020)
- Festival du fromage et du terroir Saint-Prime
- Festival de contes et légendes Atalukan
- Great Gathering of First Nations (Pow wow) of Mashteuiatsh
- Festival des camionneurs de La Doré
- Festival des Brasseurs de Dolbeau-Mistassini
- Festival du bleuet de Dolbeau-Mistassini
- Festival du cowboy de Chambord
- Festival de la gourgane d'Albanel
- Club de Golf Domaine Lac-St-Jean de Saint-Prime
- Club de golf Dolbeau
- Vols panoramiques Lac-Saint-Jean
- Ferme laitière 3-J Inc. / Fromagerie au pays des bleuets
- Vignoble la Bonté DiVigne
- BOUCHARD Organic Craftsman
- Microbrasserie Beemer
- Savonnerie La Bergerie du Nord
Museum / historic site
- Musée La Vieille Fromagerie Perron
- Native Museum of Mashteuiatsh
- Boulangerie Perron - Économusée de la boulangerie
- Moulin des pionniers de La Doré
- Bilodeau Canada - Fur dealer - Bootmaker - Taxidermy Économusée
- Musée Louis-Hémon de Péribonka
- Délices du Lac-Saint-Jean - Jam Maker: Wild Blueberry Économusée
- Le Vieux Moulin de Ste-Jeanne-d'Arc
Observatory / planetarium
- Planétarium de Saint-Félicien
Regional / municipal park
- Parc du Sacré-Coeur
- Parc régional des Grandes-Rivières du lac Saint-Jean
- Chalets & Spa Lac Saint-Jean
- La Traversée internationale du lac St-Jean
- Village historique de Val-Jalbert
- Centre de vélo de montagne Saint-Félicien
- Sentier Ouiatchouan
Zoo / aquarium
- Zoo sauvage de Saint-Félicien
Rates and regulations
Accepted payment methods: Cash, Check, Interac e-transfer
Rental type: Short stay
Taxes for the published rates: Taxes extra
Whole week only
For each consecutive week: $100 rebate + taxes (GST-QST-HST)= $115)
approximately from June 21 to September inclusive
1200$++/1 couple without/with chldren (1 418,20$*)
(if visit of another couple : 1 day-night free, following day-night 75$/day until 300$/sem)
1500$++/2 couples sans/avec enfants (1 763,15$*)
Construction vacation 2022 (July 24 to Sun. August 7): additional fees 100$++(115$)
For 1 week of construction vacation:
For 1 couple (with or without children): 1300$ + taxes (GST-QST-HST) = 1533,18$.
For 2 couples (with or without children): 1600$ + taxes (GST-QST-HST) = $1878.10
In June (until about the 20th)
until about June 20, then different rates
(possibility to rent for less than 7 days)
1000$++/1 couple without/with children ($1 188,25*)
(if visit of another couple : 1 day-night free, following day-night 75$/day until 300$/sem)
1300$++/2 couples sans/avec enfants ($1 533,18*)
* (Price including taxes QST 5% and GST 9,975%, and renting taxe CITQ: 5,50$/jour x 7 =38,50$) GST # will be on the contract.
*Follow the COVID-19 guidelines. All rentals will be shortened by one hour at the end of the period (Sunday 10am instead of 11am) in order to allow a "more intensive" disinfection of the chalet.
RULES FOR THE RENTAL:
- Full week rental only, from Sunday 4pm* to the following Sunday 10am instead of the usual 11am. On Saturday 4pm instead of Sunday 10am for rentals of 5 pers. and more. (see above).
- Supplements (75$/day until 300$/sem.?) to be discussed if coming with a self-contained trailer (water, toilet, shower, camping and beach accessories) so as not to use the equipment and facilities of the cottage. And to respect the sanitary instructions (distance, etc.).
- 100$ discount ($115 with taxes) on the rental of a second consecutive week.
- Confirmation of the reservation upon receipt of a deposit (cashed) of $500 per week of rental, with a rental agreement accepted by both parties.
- In case of cancellation, your deposit will be refunded if your period is re-let or a so-called case of force majeure (with proof).
- Strictly none smoking interior cottage (please smoke outside).
- Pet allowed on prior agreement and under certain conditions (do not climb on furniture/beds, not to intimidate passers on the beach and neighbors, remain on the field, you pick up the feces and damages). Possible supplements ($20 for the extra cleaning).
- The respect of our neighbors, their properties and tranquility is very important to us. Please celebrate within reasonable limits.
- Maintain and leave the cottage such as when you arrived. Items stored in the same place, and cleaned: stove, oven, fridge, toaster, microwave, tables and BBQ. The day before your departure, make a wash of accumulated dirty towels, and vacuuming. Before your departure, start a washing load of bed sheets (1 bed). We will finish the laundry and remake the beds (will change the covers of mattresses, pillows, comforters). We will wash the floors and clean the bathroom, etc.
- Broken or missing items may be charged if negligence.
- Please do not waste water from the aqueduct (example: play with the hose) since it is processed.
- In the absence of the owner, take the trash (garbage and recycling) to the road on Sunday night. Or return them after picking has been performed on Monday morning.
- We will have to do some maintenance or repairs as needed. We will try to preserve your privacy.
- You bring your personal belongings and your grocery (convenience and market stores in St-Félicien).
- The owner lives in the trailer on the land behind the cottage, with his own exclusive access (10 of 30m) to the beach and boat launch.
How to reserve
Contact us via email (email@example.com ) or by phone (418-276-9684 or 418-679-5560) to confirm the availability and rental rate of the cottage for the period you wish to reserve. We will send you (via email or mail) a lease agreement form that you will need to complete and return to us with a deposit by cheque or bank transfer of 500$/week. The balance will be payable in cash or by bank transfer on arrival.
Directions to the Chalet sur le bord du Lac St-Jean
( It's not clear if you have never come to this area and an error of course could easily cost you 1 hour extra trip ) : Coming from Roberval and St-Prime, you will get to St-Félicien city on Route 169. Drive through the town of St-Félicien (via the Sacré-Coeur Boulevard) along the Ashuapmushuan River. You will reach a large traffic light (McDonald at your left) and at right, a bridge that you will take to cross the river. At the bridge exit, you continue on Boul. St-Félicien / Route 169 (towards St-Méthode sector) towards "Normandin / Dolbeau-Mistassini" for about 4km. Then turn right on Chemin de la Pointe South (first cross road, asphalt) and you still continue 9km (about 11 min.). Almost at the end of the Chemin de la Pointe, turn left on Chemin Girard (gravel road, Landmark: postal boxes right). You continue further 2.5km (3 min.) Near the end of the Chemin Girard, at 1336.
If you go straight ahead (without taking the Chemin Girard), you will arrive at Chemin Villeneuve (less than 0.2 km away) and you do not have the choice to turn to one side or the other, turn then left and continue for 1 km going around the tip to automatically lead to the Chemin Girard (name not showed there) then you take on your right.
Another error is taking the Chemin du Lac, which is closer to the St-Méthode sector (in the big curve) and where you might also encounter a portion of the Chemin Girard at its end, but it does not make up at our cottage (because of a marsh). You will have to retrace your steps for a short distance and take the Chemin de La Traverse. At the end of it, then turn left (on the Chemn de la Pointe) and ridges approximately 3.3km to reach the Chemin Girard and get to 1336.
See maps of the City of St -Felicien and Pointe in the photo album or on the website http://www.ville.stfelicien.qc.ca/site/cartestfa.htm
If you use a GPS
It will tell you probably go through the path of the tip and turn left on the Chemin Villeneuve (asphalt) that is parallel to the Chemin Girard (gravel) you met less than half a mile before. At the end of Chemin Villeneuve, you will meet the continuity of the Chemin Girard (name not showed here). You will need to turn right to go almost to the end of the Chemin Girard (1336).
1336, chemin Girard, St-Félicien QC G8K 3E8 but with Google the civic address is not accurate: try with 1348-1168 Chemin Girard, Saint-Félicien, QC G8K 3E8
Chalet au bord du Lac St-Jean: Zone 18: Latitude: 48' 38' 36' Longitude: 072' 18' 51' et UTM: Latitude: 5391077 Longitude: 697842