1 from 73 - North River
2 from 73
3 from 73 - Slow combustion fireplace
4 from 73 - Living room
5 from 73 - Backyard view
6 from 73 - Main entrance
7 from 73 - Main entrance
8 from 73 - Main entrance
9 from 73 - Main entrance viewed from the living room
10 from 73 - Main entrance
11 from 73 - Main entrance - View on living room
12 from 73 - Main entrance - View on living-room
13 from 73 - Living room
14 from 73 - Living room
15 from 73 - Living room
16 from 73 - Living room
17 from 73 - Living room
18 from 73 - Living room and alcove
19 from 73 - Living room and alcove
20 from 73 - Alcove
21 from 73 - Alcove
22 from 73 - Alcove
23 from 73 - Living room
24 from 73 - Living room & desk for teleworking
25 from 73 - Desk for teleworking
26 from 73 - Backyard
27 from 73 - Let the light come in
28 from 73 - Kitchen
29 from 73 - Kitchen
30 from 73 - Kitchen
31 from 73 - Kitchen
32 from 73 - The little piano
33 from 73 - Living room
34 from 73
35 from 73 - Alcove with its curtains closed
36 from 73 - Living room
37 from 73 - Living room
38 from 73 - Office corner
39 from 73 - Bathroom
40 from 73 - Loft-style cottage - Front view
41 from 73 - View on the mountain facing the cottage
42 from 73 - Beautiful surroundings
43 from 73 - Rollerblade ride
44 from 73 - La playa under the sun
45 from 73 - Another treasure to discover in Val-David
46 from 73 - At the Général Café restaurant
47 from 73 - P'tit Train du Nord biking trail
48 from 73 - A good show at Du Marais Theatre
49 from 73 - What about climbing a little hill with your bike?
50 from 73 - Mouton Noir Pub
51 from 73 - Rock climbing adventure
52 from 73 - Hiking in the forest
53 from 73 - Mouton Noir Pub
54 from 73 - View of lake Raymond from the biking trail
55 from 73 - One place among many to visit
56 from 73 - A place by the river to taste a homemade beer
57 from 73 - Val-David-Val-Morin regional park
58 from 73 - Go down the river in kayak, come back on a bike
59 from 73 - Kayak rental
60 from 73 - Go down the river in kayak, come back on a bike
61 from 73 - North River
62 from 73 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
63 from 73 - North River
64 from 73 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
65 from 73 - Peaceful beauty
66 from 73 - A little taste of paradise
67 from 73 - A feel of the forest
68 from 73 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
69 from 73 - On a sunny afternoon
70 from 73 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
71 from 73 - Fall's treasure
72 from 73 - North River
73 from 73 - Val-David-Val-Morin regional park
Loft-style cottage with gym
2 person maximum, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom.
Here, holidays rhyme with fun, comfort, simplicity and dolce vita.
Need a change of scenery and a break from the routine? Need to find yourself in your own space and recharge your batteries, while having the possibility to socialize if you like? Do you fancy having access to nature and nearby beautiful public sandy beaches such as those of Raymond lake or Des Sables lake, as well as to a wide range of cultural and outdoor activities within walking and cycling distance? Want to work from home in a resort context and take your breaks on in the middle of the forest or on the top of a mountain with a splendid over the luxuriant valley of Val-David? Do you wish for a friendly, warm and welcoming environment, conducive to the beautiful surprises of life and to cool and unexpected encounters? Want peace of mind without finding yourself deep in the wood and having to take your car every time you want to go out or go to the corner store?
Are you looking for a really fun, stimulating and welcoming place, all while being located 60 minutes away from Montreal which turns out to be an excellent starting point for discovering the Laurentians in all directions? Would you like to start learning to play the piano while on holidays? Want to enjoy a delicious meal, vegetarian or not, and make culinary discoveries on one of the terraces of the savoury restaurants and quite nice bistros of the area? Wish to be able continue your gym and weight training sessions even when on holidays? Fancy a romantic cocooning trip? Or perhaps you are thinking of buying a property in this region of the Laurentians and you want to stay here to see what life is like here? This part of the country has the charm of the small hamlets that we find in Georgian Bay and is nicknamed the Petit Plateau or the Little B.C., as the atmosphere is truly zen and the life altogether pleasant. What's more, this inspiring place is full of creative and dynamic people from all walks of life; it is indeed a little paradise!
No matter what you fancy among the above, this very bright, comfortable and unpretentious loft-style cottage might just be the right fit for you. Located in the heart of Val-David, this four-season loft-style cottage is located in an area prized as much for its beauty and tranquility as for its proximity to the village, the gorgeous regional park of Val-David-Val-Morin and the wonderful P'tit Train du Nord biking trail. There, you will be close to everything you might need during your stay (i.e. 5 minutes by bike or 20 minutes' walk from all services: grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, bistros, shops, etc.), while being just far enough from the center of the village to be able to take it easy, lay back and relax and be in your own space whenever you want to or to treat yourself to a fun getaway in the middle of the nature at your doorstep when you feel like it.
Ideal vacation loft-style cottage for: 1 person or nomadic teleworker or 1 couple (friends, retirees). Pets are not allowed.
The loft-style cottage is furnished and equipped as follows:
- High-speed Internet access with Wi-Fi: fast and very reliable internet connection, ideal for remote professionals and teleworkers.
- 1st storey: a little piano, one alcove with a double-size bed and its bedding, an office area for teleworking, a living room with a slow combustion stove, a kitchen-dining room, a full bathroom, a clothes rack.
- Unfinished basement: a gym including all the necessary equipment to perform good weight training sessions, one sofa and a slow combustion stove, a treadmill with raised desk allowing to watch a movie or telecommute while walking.
- Household appliances: stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, blender and smoothie maker, coffee maker, kettle, four-slice toaster, electric fondue set, washer, dryer, 10,500 BTU portable air conditioner, dehumidifier.
- Fully-equipped kitchen: dishes, utensils, cookware, spice rack, trivets, cutting boards, cheese graters, small electronic scale, oven dishes, snail dishes, spinner and salad bowls, a small stainless steel kitchen island on wheels, Tupperware-style containers and Masson pots, as well as several other kitchen items (dish towels, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, waxed paper, ziplock bags, paper towels, etc.) and accessories (fruit and vegetables cleaning brush, can opener , bottle opener, bottle washer, kitchen apron, flashlight, fly swatter, key holder, etc.).
Also provided is a small starter kit so you can prepare a quick meal if you feel hungry when you arrive or in case you forgot or didn't have time to do your groceries before you go (i.e. d. coffee, natural sugar, powdered milk, 1 can of spaghetti, 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, various spices, olive oil, white vinegar, balsamic vinegar).
- Fully-equipped bathroom: towels and washcloths, bath pillows and mats, beach towels, toilet paper and kleenex.
- Laundry room: laundry soap, bleach, fabric softener, laundry basket.
- Household items: vacuum cleaner, indoor and outdoor brooms, bucket and mop, microfiber cloths, rakes, shovels, and cleaning products.
- Weekly housekeeping, snow removal from the roof and parking in winter, and lawn mowing in summer: Our housekeeping specialist performs housekeeping every Monday, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- For summer: a complete patio set for 4 people (table, umbrella and 4 chairs with cushions), parasol mosquito net, small serving tables, candles, small portable charcoal BBQ, outdoor fireplace.
- For each of the two slow combustion stoves: a starter kit including some newspaper, 1 bag of kindling and 1 bag of firewood.
Our wish: To take care of you. For us, this means do everything we can to the extent possible and reasonable so to ensure your comfort and make our humble contribution to enhance and brighten your stay so that you have a nice holiday. Furthermore, in case you need immediate assistance, we are able to get there very quickly as we live nearby.
Notice to teleworkers: Shall you have special needs regarding your telework setting, do not hesitate to let us know so that we can see whether or not we can accommodate you.
Last updated: September 7, 2021
Activities and events in the area
Rates and regulations
Accepted payment methods: Interac e-transfer
Rental type: Long term (32 days and over)
Month (32 days and over)
Taxes for the published rates: Without taxes
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT TO RENT AND MAKE A RESERVATION
The person making the reservation and renting the cottage must be 30 years or older and must be present on the premises for the entire duration of the stay.
We only offer the following two (2) types of long term rentals:
- Stay of 60 consecutive nights but not exceeding 61 consecutive nights among the following five following stays:
- Stay 1 : arrival on May 1 - departure on June 30 ---> 6 500 $
- Stay 2 : arrival on July 1 - departure on August 31 ---> 7 000 $
- Stay 3 : arrival on September 1 - departure on October 31 ---> 6 000 $
- Stay 4 : arrival on December 1 - departure on January 31 ---> 7 000 $
- Stay 5 : arrival on February 1 - departure on April 2 ---> 6 500 $
- Seasonal rental: stay of at least 89 consecutive nights but not exceeding 91 consecutive nights among the following three seasons:
- Season 1: arrival on May 1 - departure on July 31 ---> 10 000 $
- Season 2: arrival on August 1 - departure on October 31 --> 9 000 $
- Season 3: arrival on December 15 - departure on March 15 --> 11 000 $
Kindly note that we do not accept any requests for short-term rentals, i.e. no rentals of 31 consecutive nights or less.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
All arrivals are from 6 p.m. and all departures before 11 a.m.
More to come soon about booking, payment and refund policies. In the meantime, shall you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me. I will gladly answer your enquiries and provide you with any information that is likely to be helpful with planning your visit.
Kindly note that if you need a cottage with a larger capacity, i.e. for 4 people, please see the other ad (number PL-1527) that we have posted on this same website.
Have a nice day! :-)