1 from 90 - Access to Golden lake
2 from 90
3 from 90 - Deck late afternoon light
4 from 90 - Road leading to the cottage
5 from 90 - Front yard
6 from 90 - Road leading to the cottage
7 from 90 - Main entrance
8 from 90 - Front view
9 from 90 - Back yard
10 from 90 - Sunny deck
11 from 90 - Parking and front yard
12 from 90 - Front yard
13 from 90 - Front yard
14 from 90 - Deck
15 from 90 - Deck
16 from 90 - Deck
17 from 90 - Deck
18 from 90 - Relaxing atmosphere at night
19 from 90 - Main entrance
20 from 90 - Living / dining room
21 from 90 - Living / dining room
22 from 90 - Living / dining room
23 from 90 - Living / dining room
24 from 90 - Dining / Living room
25 from 90 - Dining / Living room
26 from 90 - Dining / Living room
27 from 90 - Living room / Desk for teleworking
28 from 90 - Desk for teleworking upstairs
29 from 90 - Desk for teleworking upstairs
30 from 90 - Desk for teleworking upstairs
31 from 90 - Desk for teleworking upstairs
32 from 90 - Desk for teleworking upstairs
33 from 90 - Board games for the family
34 from 90 - Some books and games
35 from 90 - Main entrance
36 from 90 - Living / dining room
37 from 90 - Movie corner for children on rainy days
38 from 90
39 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs
40 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs
41 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs (Queen bed)
42 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs
43 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs
44 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs
45 from 90 - Main bedroom upstairs
46 from 90 - Living / dining room
47 from 90 - Kitchen upstairs
48 from 90 - Kitchen upstairs
49 from 90 - Kitchen upstairs
50 from 90 - Kitchen island
51 from 90 - Kitchen upstairs
52 from 90 - Kitchen island
53 from 90 - Deck access from the kitchen
54 from 90 - Bathroom upstairs
55 from 90 - Chambre loft au sous-sol (lit double)
56 from 90 - Chambre loft au sous-sol (lit double)
57 from 90 - Chambre loft au sous-sol
58 from 90 - Loft-style basement
59 from 90 - Loft-style basement
60 from 90 - 2nd desk for teleworking
61 from 90 - Laundry room
62 from 90 - Bathroom in the basement
63 from 90 - Beautiful surroundings
64 from 90 - Rollerblade ride
65 from 90 - La playa under the sun
66 from 90 - Another treasure to discover in Val-David
67 from 90 - At the Général Café restaurant
68 from 90 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
69 from 90 - A good show at Du Marais Theatre
70 from 90 - What about climbing a little hill with your bike?
71 from 90 - A drink at Mouton noir Pub
72 from 90 - Rock climbing adventure
73 from 90 - Hiking in the forest
74 from 90 - Mouton noir Pub
75 from 90 - View of lake Raymond from the biking trail
76 from 90 - One place among many to visit
77 from 90 - A place by the river to taste a homemade beer
78 from 90 - Val-David/Val-Morin regional park
79 from 90 - Kayaking at lake Raymond
80 from 90 - Kayak rental
81 from 90 - Go down the river in kayak, come back on a bike
82 from 90 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
83 from 90 - North River
84 from 90 - North River
85 from 90 - A little taste of paradise
86 from 90 - Fall's treasure
87 from 90 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
88 from 90 - P'tit train du Nord biking trail
89 from 90 - North River
90 from 90 - Val-David and Val-Morin Regional Park
Cozy cottage (access to Doré lake)
4 person maximum, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.
Here, holidays rhyme with fun, comfort, simplicity and dolce vita.
Need a change of scenery and a break from the routine? Need to find yourself in your own space and recharge your batteries, while having the possibility to socialize if you like? Do you fancy having access to water and nature, as well as to a wide range of cultural and outdoor activities within walking and cycling distance? Want to work from home in a resort context and take your breaks by the lake or in the middle of the forest? Do you wish for a friendly, warm and welcoming environment, conducive to the beautiful surprises of life and to cool and unexpected encounters? Want peace of mind without finding yourself deep in the wood and having to take your car every time you want to go out or go to the corner store?
Are you looking for a really fun, stimulating and welcoming place for your children, whether young or older, all while being located 60 minutes away from Montreal which turns out to be an excellent starting point for discovering the Laurentians in all directions? Want to enjoy a delicious meal, vegetarian or not, and make culinary discoveries on one of the terraces of the savoury restaurants and quite nice bistros of the area? Fancy a romantic cocooning trip? Or perhaps you are thinking of buying a property in this region of the Laurentians and you want to stay here to see what life is like here? This part of the country has the charm of the small hamlets that we find in Georgian Bay and is nicknamed the Petit Plateau or the Little B.C., as the atmosphere is truly zen and the life altogether pleasant. What's more, this inspiring place is full of creative and dynamic people from all walks of life; it is indeed a little paradise for the hearts of people of all ages!
No matter what you fancy among the above, this bright, charming, cozy and unpretentious little cottage might just be the right fit for you. Located in the heart of Val-David, this four-season cottage is located in an area prized as much for its beauty and tranquility as for its proximity to the village, the forest and the jade-colored water of Doré lake. There, you will be close to everything you might need during your stay (i.e. 5 minutes by bike or 20 minutes walk from all services: grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, bistros, shops, etc.), while being just far enough from the center of the village to be able to take it easy, lay back and relax and be in your own space whenever you want to or to treat yourself to a fun getaway in the middle of the nature at your doorstep when you feel like it.
Ideal vacation cottage for: 2 nomadic teleworkers, a small family of 4, or 2 couples (friends, retirees). Pets are not allowed.
The cottage is furnished and equipped as follows:
- High-speed Internet access with Wi-Fi: fast and very reliable internet connection, ideal for remote professionals and teleworkers.
- 1st storey: closed bedroom with a queen-size bed and its bedding, an office area for teleworking, a living-dining room with a slow combustion stove, a kitchen leading to a small patio at the back, a very small full bathroom, 4 hooks coat rack at the entrance of the cottage.
- Loft in the basement with its own front door: a bedroom-living room with a double bed and its bedding as well as a slow combustion stove, an office area for teleworking with a 30-inch screen with HDMI cable (so you can plug in your phone and watch movies using your own Netflix account and your own adapter), a full bathroom, a laundry room with a large tub-sink, a coat rack and a clothes rack with shoe rack at the basement entrance.
- Household appliances: stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, kettle, four-slice toaster, electric fondue set, washer, dryer, 13,500 BTU portable air conditioner, 20-inch 3-speed fan, dehumidifier.
- Fully-equipped kitchen: dishes, utensils, cookware, spice rack, trivets, cutting boards, cheese graters, small electronic scale, oven dishes, snail dishes, spinner and salad bowls, a small stainless steel kitchen island on wheels, Tupperware-style containers and Masson pots, as well as several other kitchen items (dish towels, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, waxed paper, ziplock bags, paper towels, etc.) and accessories (fruit and vegetables cleaning brush, can opener , bottle opener, bottle washer, kitchen apron, flashlight, fly swatter, key holder, etc.).
Also provided is a small starter kit so you can prepare a quick meal if you feel hungry when you arrive or in case you forgot or didn't have time to do your groceries before you go (i.e. d. coffee, natural sugar, powdered milk, 1 can of spaghetti, 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, various spices, olive oil, white vinegar, balsamic vinegar).
- Fully-equipped bathrooms: towels and washcloths, bath pillows and mats, beach towels, toilet paper and kleenex.
- Laundry room: laundry soap, bleach, fabric softener, laundry basket.
- Household items: vacuum cleaner, indoor and outdoor brooms, bucket and mop, microfiber cloths, rakes, shovels, and cleaning products.
- Weekly housekeeping, lawn mowing in summer, heating, snow removal from the roof and parking in winter : Our housekeeping specialist performs housekeeping every Monday, between 10 a.m. and noon.
- For rainy days: a small 15-inch television with DVD and some DVD and CD movies. Bookshelf with a few books and several games for the whole family.
- For summer: a complete patio set for 4 people (table, umbrella and 4 chairs with cushions), parasol mosquito net, small serving tables, decorative plants, candles, small portable charcoal BBQ, Solus 26-inch outdoor fireplace with grill that can also be used as a BBQ.
- Summer fun for children: 4 hula hoop, regular garden hose and spray gun plus another flower-shaped spray gun for watering, 59-inch wading pool, small watermelon umbrella and anchor, 2 beach shelters "no fuss in my house cabin" with groundsheet and cushions, small and large noodle floats for swimming, large playmat for babies and toddlers.
- For each of the two slow combustion stoves: a starter kit including some newspaper, 1 bag of kindling and 1 bag of firewood.
Our wish: To take care of you. For us, this means do everything we can to the extent possible and reasonable so to ensure your comfort and make our humble contribution to enhance and brighten your stay so that you have a nice holiday. Furthermore, in case you need immediate assistance, we are able to get there very quickly as we live nearby.
Notice to teleworkers: Shall you have special needs regarding your telework setting, do not hesitate to let us know so that we can see whether or not we can accommodate you.
Last updated: August 25, 2021
Activities and events in the area
Rates and regulations
Accepted payment methods: Interac e-transfer
Rental type: Long term (32 days and over)
Month (32 days and over)
Taxes for the published rates: Without taxes
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT TO RENT AND MAKE A RESERVATION
The person making the reservation and renting the cottage must be 30 years or older and must be present on the premises for the entire duration of the stay.
We only offer the following two (2) types of long term rentals:
- Stay of 60 consecutive nights but not exceeding 61 consecutive nights among the following three seasons:
- Stay 1: arrival on May 1 - departure on June 30 ---> 7 000 $
- Stay 2: arrival on July 1 - departure on August 31 ---> 8 000 $
- Stay 3: arrival on September 1 - departure on October 31 ---> 6 500 $
- Stay 4: arrival on December 1 - departure on January 31 ---> 8 000 $
- Stay 5: arrival on February 1 - departure on April 2 ---> 7 000 $
- Seasonal rental: stay of at least 89 consecutive nights but not exceeding 91 consecutive nights among the following three seasons:
- Season 1: arrival on May 1 - departure on July 31 ---> 11 000 $
- Season 2: arrival on August 1 - departure on October 31 ---> 10 000 $
- Season 3: arrival on December 15 - departure on March 15 ---> 12 000 $
Kindly note that we do not accept any requests for short-term rentals, i.e. no rentals of 31 consecutive nights or less.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
All arrivals are from 6 p.m. and all departures before 11 a.m.
More to come soon about booking, payment and refund policies. In the meantime, shall you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me. I will gladly answer your enquiries and provide you with any information that is likely to be helpful with planning your visit.
Kindly note that if you need a cottage with a smaller capacity, i.e. for 2 people, please see the other ad (number PL-1531) that we have posted on this same website.
Have a nice day! :-)