- 10 person maximum
- 4 queen size beds, 1 double bed
- 5 bedrooms
- Building dimensions: 1900 sq ft (177 m²)
- 1 bathroom , 1 washroom
- Property dimensions: 100,000 sq ft (9300 m²)
Le Grand Chalet -- Metis Beach
LesChalets.ca LE GRAND CHALET
Not luxurious, but spacious and comfortable cottage in an rare and exeptionnal setting.
LE GRAND CHALET Cottage is located at the border with Gaspesia region, in the MacNider area of Metis-sur-mer, formerly known as Metis Beach, close to the Pointe Mitis Lighthouse. While most of Quebec's population is french speaking, the Métis-sur-mer, MacNider area is mostly frequented by vacationers from Ontario, USA and Scotland.
Nearby, the Reford Metis Garden is a world renouned attraction.
The Grand Chalet is 1900 square feet (950 x 2 stories) on a 100,000 square feet land with mature conifer trees. The only neighboor is Le Petit Chalet Cottage. Trees and situation maintain the privacy of both cottages.
Classified 3 stars by the CITQ : "Tourist home with excellent facilities, offering several services and amenities."
The land is at beach level. The beach is private for you and the cottages owners in the bay. Far enough from the road to not see it. The bay is protected from big tides and alows for canoeing. Even though it is the sea, the water temperature rises enough for swiming in summer although it is fresher than a lake.
The living room, the dining room, the kichen and the fireplace are all open rooms so it is well suited for 8 people, but the mood is cozy enough for a couple. All included : Bed sheets, towels, Kleenex, dish soap, hair dryer, ironig board and iron, etc.
Complete kitchen with everything needed to cook meals : Refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, wine glasses, etc. Upstairs there are bookshelves full of all kinds of books. Côté jardin : Lots of blackcurrants, redcurrants, chives, cherries, rhubarb and raspberries.
Our three cottages are at LesChalets.ca
Near this cottage
- Body of water: Estuaire du Fleuve Saint-Laurent (eau salée et marées) (Mer à 40 mètres du chalet)
- Golf course: Club de Golf Boule-Rock (5 km)
- Ski Hill: Mont Comi (32 km)
Big 100,000 square feet land with mature trees. Private Beach.
Nice walks to do...
- Walk to the lighthouse via the beach and a little pedestrian road. It is also pleasant to sail there directly with a canoe (not icluded). A few miles stroll along chemin Beach to admire panoramas and the old england style cottages. Or a small walk along the beach to the east and you find Auberge Métis-sur-mer where you could have a massage or eat regional cuisine including fish and seafood dishes. The Auberge offers kayak tours.
- A colony of seals lives on the rock islands 1000 feet in front of the cottage. You can observe them with binoculars or go nearby with a canoe so they become curious and observe you.
Within a 15 minutes drive...
- Three golf courses, churches from many faith, many art galleries, supermarkets, pharmacies, hospital, the Reford Metis Garden, Horse backriding, etc.
IRates include two (2) people. Each additional person 15$ per night. One child = one person. Toddlers stay free.
DOGS Some conditions apply for behaviour. And there is a one time 100$ fee.
The last payment due 30 days prior to arrival, including a $300 deposit refunded after inspection of the cottage.
The CITQ is mandated by the Minister of Tourism of Quebec to administer the official classification of seven categories of tourist accommodation establishments. This establishment is visited by the CITQ every 24 months.
The classifier visits the establishment and, using hundreds of strict and objective criteria, rates:
- The quality of physical facilities (bedroom, bathroom, common areas, outside, etc.);
- Its appearance;
- Its cleanliness.
The classifier also looks at:
- Services offered;
- Certain environmental considerations.
Le Grand Chalet -- Metis Beach
Métis-sur-Mer, GaspésieAdd to my favoritesRemove from my favorites
Your information request is being sent...
Stays / Rates
- 3 nights
- 7 nights
- Yellow (without link) :
- White (without link) :
Last update of the calendar : August 23, 2019