- 4 person maximum
- 1 queen size bed, 1 sofa bed
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
Au Vent de l'Isle
If you're looking for a little peace and quiet and fresh sea breezes, look no further than Isle-aux-Coudres, right in the middle of the Charlevoix region, where every village has something special to offer and the coastal landscape is constantly changing.
Built onto a heritage home, next door to an historic, fully restored windmill and watermill (www.lesmoulinsdelisleauxcoudres.com), our holiday apartment offers a panoramic view of the Saint Lawrence River and the Petite-Rivière-Saint-François mountain range. It includes:
- bedroom with queen-size bed
- living room with sofa-bed
- fully-equipped kitchen and dining area
- bathroom with ceramic-tiled shower
Towels and bed linens, paper towels, Kleenex, toilet paper, garbage bags, salt, pepper, basic spices and herbs, sugar and flour.
Hair dryer, curling iron, washer and dryer, iron and ironing board, microwave oven, dishwasher, propane gas BBQ, fondue and raclette set, free Wifi, cable TV, DVD player (with a great selection of movies), board games and puzzles.
Bank with ATM, supermarket (open from 7:30 a.m. until 11p.m.) with a good selection of beer, wine and spirits, a pharmacy, health clinic, two hardware stores, two gas stations, and several boutiques.
Most of the nearby hotels have restaurants and some have swimming pools which you can use for a modest fee.
Note: We have a strict, non-smoking policy and pets are not permitted.
The owner speaks both French and English.
Near this cottage
- Body of water: Le fleuve Saint-Laurent (À quelques pas de la résidence)
- Golf course: Manoir Richelieu (30 minutes)
- Ski Hill: Le Massif (45 minutes)
The great outdoors
If you're looking for a very active, sporty kind of holiday, Isle-aux-Coudres offers great biking, kite surfing and sea kayaking. Bicycles can be easily rented on the island.
Nearby and on the mainland, there are loads of interesting activities, including:
- horseback riding (Centre Équestre Isle-aux-Coudres) www.centreequestreisleauxcoudres.com
- hiking trails in the Parc National des Grands-Jardins and the Parc National des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie www.parcsquebec.com
- golfing at Fairmont le Manoir Richelieu Golf Club www.fairmont.fr/richelieu-charlevoix/ - Le Loup de Baie-Saint-Paul Golf Club www.golfbsp.com and Murray Bay Golf Club www.golfmurraybay.com.
A paradise for bird-watchers
For the amateur ornithologist, Isle-aux-Coudres is a dream come true. There are literally dozens of species on the island. From the Grey-crowned Night-Heron to the Cormorant, to the Great Grey Owl (in winter), to the American Redstart Warbler - no matter where you go on the island, there is sure to be a bird worth watching.
Discover the island's heritage
- The windmill and watermill of Isle-aux-Coudres
- St. Louis church
- The St. Pierre and St. Isidore chapels
- The French cemetery
An amazing variety of delectable regional cheeses, patés, foie gras and other delicacies are yours for the asking, by following the Route des Saveurs. You can get a complete list of all local producers from any tourism office in the Charlevoix region.
No trip to the region would be complete without a side trip a bit further up the coast to watch and listen to the whales near Tadoussac or simply take in the incredible beauty of the Saguenay Fjord. Different companies offer daily departures from Baie-Sainte-Catherine or Tadoussac.
During the summer season, there are loads of concerts, plays and musical revues to choose from. The following links will give you an idea:
- Auberge la Fascine: www.aubergelafascine.com
- Havre Musical de l'Islet: www.havemusicaldelislet.com
- Hotel du Capitaine: www.hotelducapitaine.com
- Théâtre de l'Auberge la Coudrière: www.aubergelacoudrière.com
- Théâtre de la Roche Pleureuse: www.rochepleureuse.com
- Le Domaine Forget de Charlevoix: www.domaineforget.com
A 25% deposit is required at the reservation and the balance due at arrival. Prices are for single and double occupancy. $10 per night will be charged for each additional guest.
Nightly, provincial, accommodation tax of 3,5% will be applied.
Arrival any time after 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. If you intend to arrive after 8:00 p.m., please advise the owner. Departure before 11:00 a.m.
If you have to cancel, please advise us at least 15 days in advance of your date of arrival; otherwise the 25% deposit will be kept.
Au Vent de l'Isle
L'Isle-aux-Coudres, CharlevoixAdd to my favoritesRemove from my favorites
Your information request is being sent...
Stays / Rates
- 2 nights
- 250 $ - 270 $
- 3 nights
- 355 $ - 385 $
- 4 nights
- 460 $ - 500 $
- 5 nights
- 550 $ - 600 $
- 6 nights
- 630 $ - 690 $
- 7 nights
- 695 $ - 765 $
- Yellow (without link) :
- White (without link) :
Last update of the calendar : June 7, 2017